Tuesday 12 July 2011

Not another mummy blog?

NO! Well, kind of.

I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day whose first baby is due soon. My "Duck" is 9 months old now, and the amount of information and advice I could impart astounded me.  Really, I remember exactly how it felt this time last year, and I knew NOTHING. My husband knew NOTHING. Between us, we really had no clue what we were in for. And I don't think anyone does.

Anyway, with your friends you can be totally honest, and I received fab advice from a friend when I was pregnant, and I hope I can do the same for other new mums, but really, wouldn't you just love to talk to the future YOU and just ask for explanations in your very own words?
After all, everyone else is irritating. Especially when you're 10 months pregnant (yes, 10! people can't count), feel like shit, and people just lurrrrrrve to comment on how fat you are (seriously, when is that EVER appropriate?).
And people get even more irritating when you have the little blighter. You actually don't know what sleep is, you are crapping yourself about every nappy and every feed, positive that this little human is going to die on you, and the "support network" around you start going on about "losing that baby weight" and going back to work. If you get through the first six months without swearing at anyone....Well....Fuck.

So I thought I'd write a blog now, to myself back then. The Nic back then who was freaked out, hormonal, emotional, confused, terrified, and without a fricking clue. If anyone else gains from it, that'd be cool. I'll probably swear a bit, and will definitely be opinionated. But hey, I'm talking to myself, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment