Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tippetty Snippets

I haven't done my tips for a while! Here's a few briefly, I feel terrible today, some kind of cold which makes me ache ALL OVER... You will learn, by the way, that even if all you want to do is curl up and die in a duvet, or hurl and hurl and hurl into a bucket, now you're a parent you can only do this with an innocent-eyed, demanding little onlooker, who, if they feel really sorry for you, might not cry too much.

Anyway...

  • Always have clothes that don't need ironing. If they are patterned or orange to hide "patches" and staining, all the better.
  • Don't take your eyes off them for a second. And if you do decide you need privacy in the toilet, accept the fact that when you emerge there may be a big yellow bruise to feel guilty about.
  • The hoover is your friend. It feels like you never have time to use it, but when you do drag it out, give the buggy/high chair/walker a once over, you'd be surprised...
  • It sounds stupid, but don't forget to eat. I mean REAL food.
  • Don't be afraid to ask the doctor, they're nice to new mums usually, and you need to be well to look after a little 'un.
  • Chances are your offspring has so many toys that some get left at the bottom of the box, while they get bored of others. How about a rotation system? (good for cats too :) )
  • Fitted sheets are so much easier for cots. But flat sheets for travel cots.
  • I don't know why I ever bothered with fabric bibs! Pelican all the way.
  • I may have said this already, being the tight-arse that I am... but if they outgrow a favourite babygro, you can snip off the arms and legs to make a romper! And if you're reeeally crafty, make a matching teddy with the offcuts!
  • Keep an eye out in sales for things which you always seem to need: vests, socks, hats, bibs.
And take note that they don't always nap as long as you think, even when they are ill and CLEARLY need it... off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment